Thursday, June 16, 2011

Chicken Pie


...Because we happened to have old pie
















...And it happens to be their birthday 


They look like hungry hungry hippos.

The girls enjoyed their party, but they did not love the pie. It got their beaks dirty; they did not like that. I don't think they loved the sugar either. Their favorite foods are pasta, oatmeal, cheese--pretty much anything we eat they like. I do not get a chance to make much compost because my chickens get the kitchen scraps before anything can become of them!

There are a few things chickens should not eat (and from my experience they will not eat).

  • avocados (birds in general cannot eat them because of a chemical called Persin)
  • raw potato
  • dried beans
  • caffeine
  • chocolate
  • tomato leaves (as well as most nightshades)
  • raw meat
  • McDonald's french fries (you shouldn't eat them either:)
This is not a definitive list. If I find out more I will let you know.



No comments:

Post a Comment